What I do and the people I work with
I qualified with the IoL Diploma in Translation in 2003, having worked as a copywriter, editor and proofreader in English since the mid-1990s. Since then I have translated countless websites, leaflets and brochures, e-zine articles and newsletters, adverts and other promotional copy, as well as a few non-fiction books.
Alongside this work on marketing and advertising copy, I’ve been able to integrate my passion for the arts into my work by developing a specialism in the field of art texts, such as catalogues and exhibition panels, but also essays on related subjects like art history and philosophy.
How I work
Good working relationships are important to me! Most of my clients have been with me for quite a few years and I see myself as an integral part of their team. This also means that my clients value my input and ask for my advice – which I willingly give. My rates reflect this added value. I pride myself in offering not just quality translations but all-round quality service.
My regular clients include:
- Belvedere Vienna – editing of English translations for art catalogues and essay collections (regular client since 2010)
- Museum der Moderne Salzburg – editing of English translations for exhibition texts and press releases (client since 2014)
- Fränkisches Freilandmuseum – translation of information panels, annual events programme and museum guide (regular client since 2012)
- Territory Embrace – web and advertising copy for recruitment campaigns and employer branding (regular client since 2015)
- Theater Strahl Berlin – translation of web copy, press releases and excerpts from media reviews (client since 2007)
- Eurocat Translations – translation of press releases, web and marketing copy for suppliers to the construction industry and clients in the cosmetics, tourism and creative industries (regular client since 2007)
- Blufish web design and communications agency, Berlin – translation of website copy (client since 2004)
Editing & editorial management
Over the years, I have been involved in the development and production of a number of publications. These include:
- the German issue of a customer magazine for a large multinational corporation
- numerous newsletters, including the Newsletter of the ITI London Regional Group
- Landscape & Art – the journal of the Landscape & Arts Network (Editor from 1995 to 2004)
- Engineering for Sustainable Development: Guiding Principles, published by the Royal Academy of Engineering, 2005
- Working With Wildlife resource & training pack for the construction industry, published by CIRIA, 2003